Our pharmacy specializes in compounding for pharmaceutical and veterinary needs, functional medicine, BHRT, nutrition, and natural medicine.
You should be able to interpret, compound, formulate and monitor all physician prescriptions; provide the best possible drug and nutritional therapy to patients under the highest of professional standards. This requires specific knowledge in compounding, dosing and administration of compounded medications.
Education/Work Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited school of pharmacy (including didactic courses and experiential rotations in pharmaceutical care), and one year of work experience preferably in a compounding pharmacy.
- Completion of a post-graduate pharmacy residency is desirable
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, standards and techniques relating to the compounding and dispensing of compounded medications
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of pharmaceutical care
- Knowledge of I.V. fluids and nutritional therapy is a plus.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to the pharmacy profession
- Knowledge of BHRT and Nutrition is a plus.
- Ability to formulate and present therapeutic alternatives to physicians, pharmacists, nurses and pharmacy assistants
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally concise ideas and to direct work flow
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a team as required by the duties of the position
- Ability to use office equipment and automated systems/applications/software at an acceptable level of proficiency
- Licensure as a registered pharmacist by the Texas State Board of Pharmacy
Certified Pharmacy Technician
Allen Family Drug is an independent, family owned and operated, compounding pharmacy located in Allen, Texas.
The exact hours have not yet been set in stone and will be discussed during the interview process.
The ability to be flexible with your schedule is a must!! All applicants must be at least 18 years of age, be able to pass a drug test, have a valid Texas Driver’s license, a CLEAN driving record, a CLEAN criminal history (background checks will be performed,) and LEGALLY eligible to work in the United States. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The role of the Technician is focused on customer service and prescription order processing, as well as problem resolution and inventory management. The role of the Technician is important because he/she helps to ensure that the right customer receives the right prescription, every time. You must be computer literate, a multi-tasker, a fast learner, knowledgeable of insurance billing, pay very close attention to detail, and be able to perform mathematical conversions and dosage calculations. You must be both PTCB and Texas State Board Registered, and have at least two years of experience to be considered for this position. This is a teamwork focused environment so you should also be willing and able to help with clerk/delivery duties when needed. “That’s not my job” should not be in your vocabulary! Techs must have the ability to work well as part of a team or independently with minimal supervision.
Bilingual applicants (Spanish/English) are encouraged to apply.
Are you tired of the retail chain hours? Look no further! We are open Monday through Friday 8:30 am-6:30 pm. We are not open on Saturdays and Sundays and are also closed on major holidays (Christmas, New Years, 4th of July, and Thanksgiving.)
Allen Family Drug is an independent, family owned and operated, compounding pharmacy, located in Allen, Texas.
Must be flexible with your schedule!! The position requires that you be at least 18 years of age, have a valid Texas Driver’s license, a CLEAN driving record, a CLEAN criminal history (background checks will be performed), and that you are LEGALLY eligible to work in the United States. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The primary focus for a clerk is customer service. Responsibilities within the position include: Ringing out prescriptions, answering telephones, keeping up with OTC inventory, inventory check in, deposits, data entry, daily errands & deliveries for our increasing demand for prescription delivery service (a company car is provided for deliveries), and various other pharmacy related tasks. The role of the clerk is important because he/she is often the first person with whom the customer comes into contact. The impression that our clerks give our customers determines the outcome of that customer’s experience at our pharmacy and their likelihood to return. You should be a fast learner, computer literate, have the ability to multi-task, be detail oriented, have a pleasant phone voice, and eager to learn.
To apply at Allen Family Drug, please complete the form below: